Friday, August 24, 2012

Recent Projects

This is a table I found at the Centerville Deseret Industries a few weeks ago for 15 smackers.  Not too shabby, right??I am HORRIBLE at taking before photos... I just dive right in on the project. Who has time to stop and take a picture... okay... I'll try better next time!!
Anyway, this thing was NOT attractive. Boring old wood.  Pretty beat up.
So... I sanded it A LOT, sprayed a single coat of primer, and added about 3 coats of leftover paint from a pantry door paint job gone bad.  It's a buttery yellow. 
I used a roller on the top, and a brush on the base and legs.

 After everything dried I took the belt sander to it and scuffed it up a bit.  Then I applied a dark stain and wiped it off with a damp cloth as I went.  Once that dried, I finished it off with a coat of light wax.  I must say I am absolutely in LOVE with this piece.
 These are some pillows I stitched up for the family room sectional.  All by myself.  No crying or swearing involved.  Be amazed...  Fabric was ordered from LIV on Bountiful Main Street.

This is another table I recently finished.  Every living room needs 2 coffee tables right??  His and Hers??  Actually this one is for sale.  I love it, but a girl can't keep it all!!

More projects to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment